Frequently asked questions (F.A.Q)

If you cannot find an answer to your question, please do not hesitate to contact us

  • Where can I do the Medical class 1 examination?

    The initial examination for a Medical class 1 certificate can be completed in any EASA country. It may be a good idea to combine a Keilir Aviation Academy school visit with the medical examination. Please note that it may take a few days to complete the different medical examinations.

    For more information, availability and pricing please contact the aeromedical center:

    Ármúla 1a
    108 Reykjavík

    Phone: +354 5516900



  • Do you offer the courses in Icelandic or English?

    All pilot training will be taught in English (both for Icelandic and International students). 

  • How can I request a pre-entry test?

    Fill out the form online to request your pre-entry test. You will receive the links together with a description on how to complete them within a few days. The links are active during a 1 month period and your test results are valid for 12 months. 

  • How can I finance my pilot training?

    There are multiple ways to finance the pilot training, the most common one is a combination of savings, governmental financial support and/or bank loan. 

    We are approved for governmental student financial support in Iceland (LIN), Denmark (SU) and Sweden (CSN). 

  • Do I need to pay everything at once?

    We require payment for the training upfront, however the tuition fee is divided into multiple installments so you are not required to pay for the full training cost at once. The payment plan can be found in your Training Agreement. To download a payment overview please click here.

  • What type of license do I need to fly for an airline?

    To fly commercially you will need: 

    • Commercial Pilot License (CPL)
    • Instrument Rating (IR)
    • Multi Engine Rating (ME)

    Most companies also require completion of the Airline Transport Pilot License theoretical course (ATPL) and a Multi-crew Cooperation course (MCC). 

    After completion of the Integrated Professional Pilot Program you will graduate with all of the above licenses and ratings. Please note some airlines require additional requirements and flying experience. 

  • Do you offer student housing?

    Yes, we have our own campus. For more information, pricing and housing application, please visit the link below. The published price is in Icelandic Kronur (ISK) per month. 

    Keilir housing website

  • When is the latest date to apply?

    We close for applications one month before respective course start, i.e if the course starts 1. August we close for applications 1. July.